The Société Jersiaise is a learned society in Jersey which was founded in 1873, in the manner of similar county societies in the United Kingdom and Sociétés Savantes  in France for the purposes of:
- "The Publication of Local History,
- The encouragement of the use of French, the official language, (subsequently dropped)
- The study of the ancient local dialect,
- To achieve, as far as possible, the conservation of all prehistoric and historical sites,
- To found a library, mainly historical and archaeological,
- To collaborate with other societies with similar aims"
More information on the Wikipedia page .
The website is